Monday, October 8, 2012

The answer is blowing in the wind....

Good morning everyone!  I am embarrassed that it has been so long since I posted, but hey, life happens.  And here in Louisiana it has been happening.  Mamas Quilt Shop is still standing despite Hurricane Isaac rolling thru here and dumping a whole lot of water in our lap.

This is all gone now, but there are still quite a few people in Louisiana under water and our prayers go out to them. 
 
Brenda, along with her mother, daughter, grand-daughter and sister made their bus trip out west along with 30 or so other quilters.  They made it to 8 quilt shops and brought back goodies.  BP and I stayed behind and worked our fingers to the bone...yeah, right!
 
But they were barely back when we had the Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler Shop Hop.  For those of you not from around here that translates loosely to "Let the Good Times Roll".  And that is what everyone did.  There were 9 shops in South Louisiana involved and I have never been able to go, but it must have been a blast for the one's who did!  They sure seemed to be having fun.  I did not get any pictures and I truly regret that because we met some fun ladies and gentlemen during those three days.  One group from the Sorento-Gonzales area had us in stitches (no pun intended) when they left.  They are all kin and I would love to attend one of their meetings....I bet there is never a dull moment.
 
Brenda invited me to go along to the quilt shoppes meeting the following Saturday.  Even though Hurricane Isaac was threatening they had a good meeting, made some plans for shop hop 2013 and enjoyed getting the winner's baskets ready.  I was jealous...you should see the goodies they won!
 

And I just had to show a few pictures of what our wonderful quilters have been inspired to do...
 

Look at this twister!  Wow!  I told her it was easy!

And look at this take on Brenda's 1600 quilt!  So creative.
 
Nydia, Brenda's newest employee made the cutest rag quilt..
 
It so inspired me....I couldn't wait to make one....so I did....
 

 

Oops!  See the mistake....seam ripper here I come, but when I finished and turned that row around I was thrilled with my little rag quilt.  It was my first rag quilt, but it won't be my last.  It was so nice to be finished when I put that last row on.  All I had to do was wash and dry it.  And soft, oh so soft.
 
So Isaac hasn't stopped us...just slowed us down a little.
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mrs. Martha! It's great seeing a blog post from you and I'm loving the quilts in the photos! Each one has awesome colors! Congrats on finishing your rag quilt!

    ReplyDelete